Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

zinoant
New User
New User

update on the Heart

Post by zinoant » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:06 pm

HI

I ve read some unpleasant opinions about living in the Heart
but they were dated mostly 2008 so how does it look now, any insights ?

regards,
mvp
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Re: update on the Heart

Post by mvp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:48 am

We had a visit by the fire brigade at Wellington Close at the end of last year.

They commented that our communal areas were in a far better and safer state than those at the Heart - pretty shocking that a 1960's estate is in better condition that one that is only a few years old...
MVP
Tom James
Contributor Level 2
Contributor Level 2

Post by Tom James » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 pm

A friend of mine lived there until last summer and he didn't have a good word to say about the Heart, but I have no idea if it's improved since then or not.

On a similar topic, don't the soon-to-be opened flats on the Duke's Head sight look like a bunch of portacabins that have been plonked on each other?
NoOne
Location: The Vine, Rubys, The Swan. And generally looking for the guys who hacked the forum....

Post by NoOne » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeah...have to agree the new flats look a state. Although they are not finished yet so maybe the look will improve when they are finished.
cadskn
New User
New User

Post by cadskn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Lived here since new / 2007, not sure I understand this thread. Perfectly fine here, you'll get the occasional issue, but that's to be expected in a place where lots of people live together, certainly nothing really bad though.

I have however heard some real horror stories about the shared ownership half, especially the communal areas. The plumbers had to come back and tweak some controls after the initial phases when we moved in, it sounded not well loved round that side and a bit of a problem as some of those folks have of course bought a % share, whereas some are clearly just renting.

The shared ownership section is completely separate and they cannot gain access to the private apartments / communal areas and vice versa, even in the car park it's totally separated off.

Hope this helps.
NoOne
Location: The Vine, Rubys, The Swan. And generally looking for the guys who hacked the forum....

Post by NoOne » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Unfortunately all tarred with the same brush m8.
Its also a terrible us and them situation which has some nasty kind of segregation in place. I dont get it. Glad i dont live there tbh.
cadskn
New User
New User

Post by cadskn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:48 pm

I don't have strong views either way to be honest, people are people and will behave how they behave no matter what class of life they come from. Rich and poor can all be as bad as each other I think.

I'm a decent guy and I find it fine living here :-) Anyway that's all from me on this one, was just trying to help with the information sharing.

Cheers.