Key worker flat at the Heart - questions

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

goldy
Contributor Level 2
Contributor Level 2

Key worker flat at the Heart - questions

Post by goldy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:38 am

Hi,

I have been offered a key worker flat at the Heart and reading through the posts on this forum, I am wondering if I should stay put as the comments dircted at A2 seem very negative.

I can't decide if it is pure snobbery or whether there are genuine segragation problems,

I currently live in a much smaller block of key worker/social housing flats and the people there are all very nice.

Anyway, I wondered about a few things:

Which part of the Heart are the key worker flats based?

How big are they - I have 2 children and do they have balconies?

What happens if you have 2 cars?

Is there really a segragation problem?

Many thanks
NoOne
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor
Location: The Vine, Rubys, The Swan. And generally looking for the guys who hacked the forum....

Re: Key worker flat at the Heart - questions

Post by NoOne » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:38 pm

do you actually have two cars and is there a parking space with the flat you intend to rent?
goldy
Contributor Level 2
Contributor Level 2

Post by goldy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi, I went down to the flats and asked and was told about some parking that would be suitable. Also found which part the flats are in and which entrance it is. Just have to wait until I can look round the flat now.
NoOne
Location: The Vine, Rubys, The Swan. And generally looking for the guys who hacked the forum....

Post by NoOne » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 pm

"was told about some parking that would be suitable"

yes but where is the parking. when the flats were built they were selling parking spaces for £5000. so you wont get one for free. have they just told you to park on the street somewhere? and with two cars you will have double the trouble. its best to make certain where you can park as its a right pain in walton.
goldy
Contributor Level 2
Contributor Level 2

Post by goldy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi Noone,

You can pay £50 a month for a permit to park on the 3rd floor of the multi storey in the Heart. The forms are available from the concierge. You pay it month by month. I need a car as I work in Guildford but in the middle of nowhere in Guildford.

That's where I sometimes park when I go into Walton as I wasn't aware that there was any free parking, not that I would want to park outside people's homes.

The carpark next to Wilko's is only 50p for a short stay and is free on Sundays and evenings. Pretty good really.

One of the reasons I go into Walton is that you can always get parked and it is not too expensive. Kingston is much more expensive. I sometimes drive to Staines but the 2 Rivers car park is always very busy so I tend to go to the one near BHS.
TheHeartResident
New User
New User

Post by TheHeartResident » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:59 pm

I am on the private side of the heart and always park my car underground without a permit.

At first they issued me a few tickets but they are worthless and all you get is a few letters chasing payment. They just leave me alone now.

The car park is ran by flashpark.

Google them and you will see what an amateur bunch they are.

The reason I do this is that I have two cars, I wasn't told I only got one space and every time I tried to use a guest space they were always full.

Just park there and ignore it all. have a look at the cars down there every night.

I would say 50% dont have permits.

Been parking underground everyday for 6 months and have never had a problem.

There is plenty of space under there for everyone.
goldy
Contributor Level 2
Contributor Level 2

Post by goldy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Cheers for that. Glad you told me about the fines as the first night i parked there I got a 100 pound fine despite being a resident - was waiting for my permit. I appealed and haven't heard back yet.

I have been here 3 weeks now in the key worker block and everyone is really friendly saying hello etc. It is really quiet, in the flats but nosiy outside. Also very warm, someone told me they haven't put the heating on for 5 years.

I go past the council block on way to the lift and the people I meet in the lift etc seem friendly too.

I love it so far. Great just walking out to the shops.Nice flat with a balcony ,good layout,plenty of storage compared to my other flat and it is vacuumed outside every week compared to my old elmbridge housing trust flat where the communial areas where never cleaned.