Sunny Days and BBQ's

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

MAISYDAISY
Contributor Level 2
Contributor Level 2

Re: Sunny Days and BBQ's

Post by MAISYDAISY » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:56 pm

absolutley agree - should not be allowed on either balcony on terrace.

Dont get me wrong I love a good BBQ but I really dont want someone elses BBQ smells and smoke drifting up to my balcony and worse INTO my lounge & bedroom.
Its not the ideal environment to have BBQs - I dont know what the rules are on having it at the riverside or in the park but that would be a much nicer option - not to mention the safety aspect of it all - they are wooden balconys after all :?
MAISYDAISY
Contributor Level 2
Contributor Level 2

Post by MAISYDAISY » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Yes I thought there probably was an issue with that :x Shame

Just have to do what we do then and Invade our friends who are lucky enough to have private gardens 8)
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:06 am

Everyone in the Heart should have received a letter from the Heart Management reminding them that BBQs are not allowed for obvious health and safety reasons. As you pointed out the balconys are wood and with all that heat I would be horrified if someone below had a BBQ going constantly and that doesn't touch on the wafts of food!!

They should have a communal one in the garden and invite everyone!
KarenW99

Post by KarenW99 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:15 pm

I cannot believe that people are stupid enough to light a bbq on a wooden balcony. The fact that some people obviously are really worries me. I can smell smoke right now as it happens! I know there have also been issues with people smoking and dropping cigarettes onto the decking below. This is apparently how the fire started at the flats near P&Q Stores.
MAISYDAISY
Contributor Level 2
Contributor Level 2

Post by MAISYDAISY » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:42 am

This is apparently how the fire started at the flats near P&Q Stores.

That fire was actually an electrical fire caused by faulty downlighters/transformers - nothing to do with smoking and none of these flats have balconys wooden or otherwise.
mvp
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Post by mvp » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:57 am

alpap wrote:But with plenty of flats available to rent, prices by the Buy-to-Let brigade (who by the way over-heated the mortgage market and in large part led to the current economic climate) are going to go down even further - I see chavs galore moving into the Heart, then fag end and BBQ's are the least of our worries.
Alpap

If you continue with this attitude, life is going to get very unpleasant over at the Heart.

Over the road in Wellington Close, residents and landlords together are currently organising a picnik/BBQ for everyone to attend (residents, landlords and tenants) - maybe you should be trying to improve community relations, not insult your fellow owners and neighbours.

MVP
MVP