Lift block A

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

Penalty-spot
New User
New User

Lift block A

Post by Penalty-spot » Mon May 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Getting pretty fed up with the lift being out of order at least once a week!
Waltonwatcher
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Re: Lift block A

Post by Waltonwatcher » Tue May 08, 2018 12:38 pm

I would contact Trinity to get it fixed. Let's hope it's nothing serious.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed May 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Not good for those on the higher floors!
musicalteapot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by musicalteapot » Thu May 17, 2018 9:29 am

Ah but their step count will be through the roof!
Waltonwatcher

Post by Waltonwatcher » Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 pm

When they first started planning this cladding 10+ years ago they wanted to add an extra floor to each block with an additional lift on the outside. Of course residents would of likely had to fund this. Given they plan to replace most of the roofs anyway I wonder what cost difference this might of had? Guessing these penthouse flats could of been sold at a premium. Back then they were suggesting 90k a flat for this. Of course you can't really say how accurate that figure was. Others were suggesting 20k for these works and that really was pie in the sky figure with no real quotes to back them up. They never got a quote below 70k that included everything.

I think as these blocks are only 9 floors the risk from a fire is lower. Most people would have a good chance escaping from the top floors. Fire engines should be able to reach most floors. Unlike Grenfell were they could only reach the first 7-12 floors. Also with cladding and insulation that would only melt at 600 degrees it would make this property much safer. Especially with the fire break between floors.

In some ways the delays to this project have been a good thing. Imagine if cladding had gone up that was deemed flamible? It might of been very costly for residents if it all had to be taken down. They have been lucky that the existing cladding has lasted as long as it did.

The real issue with lifts not working is for those that are elderly or have mobility issues. Of course this is something to consider when moving into flats. If the lifts break down you can almost be house bound. Least the supermarkets deliver food. Doesn't help if you need to reach a doctor.

I am hopeful news on the gas works and contracts is nearly here. Then finally maybe these flats can get the makeover they deserve.