Re-cladding

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

peterstreet1599

Re: Re-cladding

Post by peterstreet1599 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:33 pm

That's it folks!

We've answered all the silly questions, we've answered all the malicious questions, and a few sensible ones.

We can't be bothered any more.

We're logging off now and we won't be back....ever.

We're going to get on with the job now and get the re-cladding done.

Au revoir mes enfants! x
JonFromWellington

Post by JonFromWellington » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Peter

You are making unfounded allegations against me.

I did not name the 2 people & I got the information FROM THEM.

I named 1 of them (the man) but changed that as I thought he was Taipan but having read through the posts that may not be the case. Apologies to Taipan for that.

I made no change to the rest of the post.

I know that they havent signed the lease variation as the man loudly announced it after the meeting on Monday in front of several people & I spoke to a resident last week who told me he had not signed it - when i urged him too he said "why should I - ****** on the board has told me she has not".

You said last week to all the residents that you had obtained new quotes & they were for the entire recladding works. You now appear to be saying the quotes are not new - they are the same ones the board said last week the surveyor threw out as they were only for a small part of the project?
WellingtonCloseOwner
New User
New User

Post by WellingtonCloseOwner » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Peterstreet
peterstreet1599 wrote:I'm annoyed that you ask for my qualifications. I'm a time-served carpenter and joiner. I've been in the business for 45 years. I've had my own building firms and run large projects as a foreman. I've been dealing with architects and surveyors all my life and have a very wide theoretical and practical knowledge. I am a Fellow of the Institute of Carpenters, which requires a large body of excellent work over many years to qualify.
What are your qualifications to give advice to me?
I am not giving advice and am happy to leave the decisions hopefully to the origional Surveyor who won the support of the Leaseholders before you interfered and wrote a letter asking people to reconsider because you did not approve of the vote.
peterstreet1599 wrote:Let me repeat myself. We have to go for a Design and Build contract, like for like scheme, reduced scope of works, Curtain Wall Contractor taking on the whole of the contract as Main Contractor
peterstreet1599 wrote:I shall be advising the board once again to adopt the above strategy.
You are the One telling the Board how they should deal with the Surveyors and contractors and i rightly ask what your qualifications are? No need to be annoyed with me....
peterstreet1599 wrote:We've answered all the silly questions, we've answered all the malicious questions, and a few sensible ones.
We can't be bothered any more.
Is it getting too hot under the collar for you with these challenging questions to your statements/claims/quotes?...
peterstreet1599 wrote:We're going to get on with the job now and get the re-cladding done.
peterstreet1599 wrote:The charge of interference is completely unfounded.
I did not realise you were being reappointed to advise on this project or are you just interfering again.....?
San Juan

Post by San Juan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:39 pm

I am really confused.
Peter says he is going off to get the cladding done now.
He was director , but isn't now
He was a consultant but isn't now
Is he a leaseholder? I don't think he is
Does that mean that he is willingly going to give free help and information to the process and leave the board and surveyors to get on with it? - in which case that is great
Do cheaper quotes for the job as claimed by Peter really exist or are they just figments of an imaginative mind? have they been verified by surveyors? why can't we all find out?
As an outsider I really can't decide which is true.
Just for Peter and Ms Peter's information some of us on this forum have no insider information; are not directors; have no knowledge of builders regs etc; and actually just hope we may get some new windows sooner rather than later at a reasonably affordable price.
After the meeting last week I have faith in the board and I hope Keegans get started soon.
I hope this is not considered silly or malicious and I would love to find out the truth about this saga - but I am not holding my breath
Waltonwatcher
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Post by Waltonwatcher » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:23 pm

The question to ask yourself is do you trust Peter?

Read the thread again and look at how Peter has behaved. Why was he so defensive so much? You admit yourself you are afraid of upsetting others due to his posts. Living in fear of posting on here is not right. It is a community forum and as long as you abide by the forum rules you should be able to make your opinions heard.
How many questions has he actually answered properly? He chose to ignore mine as I am apparently ignorant. A good consultant would of explained things and if I was wrong explained why. He did none of this.
Ask yourself what has he really been doing behind the scenes contacting other firms and what quotes has he really got?? I don't think anyone on the board even knows this. Only Peter will truly know. There should be no secrets is he truly wants to help this project go ahead. If he has more quotes why hasn't he passed these on?
For a carpenter/consultant in the business for 45 years does his action to date make you have trust in his ability? Has he shown or mentioned any major project he has personally over seen or worked on?? Especially one relating to cladding? Why did he get annoyed when someone asked him about what experience he had? A decent consultant would want to show off all the great jobs they have done.
His knowledge of how tribunals and the lease rectification seemed questionable to me. How come after 45 years he had to ask someone about the lease rectification? This is something he should of known about and warned the board about months/years ago. I can't believe this is the first project he has ever been on where this is required?
Ask yourself about what happened at the meeting and if his comments on here match that at all? On here he states the quotes he got at the meeting were the ones the board already had. Yet at the meeting he apparently claimed he had 2 new quotes. If the board already have his quotes why does he need to email them to the board at all??
Also look at his actions so far in getting Adair appointed. Writing to every resident to change the decision the residents had already made.

None of any of above adds up. If I hire a trades men I hire him based on word of mouth or a project he has done. If I was taking him on to do a major build I would want to see 1-2 previous projects to prove he was capable of doing a major build like this.

I think you are best to leave this to Keegan. There is too much going on with Peter that makes me worry if he is the right person for this job. Why take the risk on a big project like this?
JonFromWellington

Post by JonFromWellington » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:17 pm

This is highly dysfunctional.

Peter (or his real name Brian) told everyone at the meeting last week he had new reclad quotes for £44k to £51k that includes the entire project.

Over the next few days people on here ask how did you get these quotes & do they even exist or were you just misleading residents?

His response is to abuse everyone & then leave the forum without replying.

Did those quotes ever exist? I'd love to know how much leaseholders have paid him over the years.
Taipan71

Post by Taipan71 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:13 am

You people are ridiculous. Peter is trying to get the best price for the residents after YEARS of incompetence by the board. He has 45 years experience in the building trade when I think the board have precisely zero!
Yes he made a mistake by using Adaire and he has fully admitted that. If he can get a price of £44000 then shouldn't we, as residents be happy with that?
I for one am because I'm not paying the ridiculous prices that were mentioned at the meeting
Waltonwatcher are you a resident? If not I find your posts quite ridiculous as you would have no idea what's been going on behind the scenes for years
I don't think Peter has 'supporters', I think people just want the same as him, this farce to be over and comments that are just getting at Peter are highly inflammatory. Get a life people and lets just get on with this for the cheapest price possible, WHOEVER THAT COMES FROM!
Waltonwatcher

Post by Waltonwatcher » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:14 pm

@Taipan. I said all along I was not a resident. People only assumed I was because I seemed informed. I have been reading this section of the forum for years. Do not assume I am not informed.

Peter has suggested a 44k (?) quote. Until someone sees this and varifys that it truly covers all the work it is just words. I suspect it will actually work out much higher than his figure. Be interesting to see if it is even an official quote.

Being a foreman and carpenter does not qualify Peter to run a 5-6 million pound project. By his own admission he has been privately contacting firms. Interfering with the surveyor. You need 2 like for like quotes for the tribunal. Peter would need to contact 7-8 firms to do this. He is not your surveyor.

From what others said on here his previous quote did not cover all the work. Peter talks a good game but until he can prove this on paper people should question him.
San Juan

Post by San Juan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:28 pm

I agree £44 K is great news after recent numbers and as a resident I hope that proves to fit all the criteria mentioned.
I look forward to hearing that it is a bona fide quote and we can move forward.
I don't care who's quote it is and I am sure the majority feel the same.
NoOne
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor
Location: The Vine, Rubys, The Swan. And generally looking for the guys who hacked the forum....

Post by NoOne » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Apart from the unconfirmed 44k-51k quote, what are the other quotes suggesting the current costs should be?
sea air
New User
New User

Post by sea air » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:10 pm

NoOne wrote:Has anyone considered at what point the existing flats becomes worthless due to the whole debacle with the "project" and the deterioration of the flats as they currently stand. Surely if someone tried to sell now then any mortgage company would just refuse the potential purchaser a mortgage. Really who is gonna lend on a wellington close flat as the situation stands.

Have there been any valuations done recently by any surveyors either for mortgage purposes or for any other reason. What is the official "value" of the flats as they stand?
I would estimate an average condition flat to be worth between 195K and 205k depending on internal condition, kitchen, bathroom, decor etc. We have just had a mortgage valuation done and we need modernisation work doing but still valued at 190k so yes they are mortgageable in spite of needing re-cladding (and ours updating ). The only problem a potential purchaser may have would be if they were limited on funds, they would need to have in addition to deposit, a cash reserve to pay for repairs, which as yet the bill is unknown
Waltonwatcher

Post by Waltonwatcher » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:05 pm

San Juan wrote:I agree £44 K is great news after recent numbers and as a resident I hope that proves to fit all the criteria mentioned.
I look forward to hearing that it is a bona fide quote and we can move forward.
I don't care who's quote it is and I am sure the majority feel the same.
The problem here is that I doubt Peter's specification for the works will match that of Adair or the new Surveyors. We know that the one quote he did send to Adair did not cover all the work. This much was apparently made clear at the meeting. We know Peter suggested 2 figures at the meeting. On here he claimed the directors and Adair already had these. To date it's unclear if the board has ever seen these? If Adair had already seen these then perhaps it was the same quote the directors suggested did not cover all the work? In which case the 44-51k figures are very misleading.

Here is where Peter's strategy fails. He has obtained 1? quote. He has then forwarded this to the Surveyor. The surveyor then looks at the quote and has to disregard it because it does not cover all aspects of the work. Where if Peter had let the Surveyors contact the firms instead maybe you might of had 2 like for like quotes?? It just doesn't work having 2 parties working against eachother to get quotes.

You won't be able to move forward till you have 2 like for like quotes that show they are competitive. At present none of the 3? quotes received appear close to acceptable.
San Juan

Post by San Juan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Its 4 weeks since leaseholders meeting.
It is great news that lease variation has approval.
Now we need feedback from The Board. with all the discussions that have been going on we now need at least a 4 weekly update even if it is no action has been taken.!!!!!
Who is our surveyor?
Have they re started the process?
Are you investigating Brians quotes?
Are they bonafide ?
If not, why not ?
If yes , what is happening ?
Communication is the key here, you represent us and we need to be kept informed
Communication also stops rumours getting out of control.
We don't need our expectations raised , we just need good honest and open info
PLEASE LET US KNOW - thanks
Waltonwatcher

Post by Waltonwatcher » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:47 am

It will take months before you hear anything new. You have to hire the new Surveyor first. Monthly updates just seem unreasonable here. Especially with parties who will interfere with every update given out. Once you have the new surveyor I am sure the board would pass on any quote Brian has given them. My opinion remains this is the quote Adair have already seen and rejected. If you have new quotes by end of 2015 I will be suprised.
grahro
New User
New User

Post by grahro » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:05 am

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and have joined as I am in the process of purchasing a flat in Wellington Court. I realise for most of you the refurbishment has been an exhausting and emotive issue but, please bear with me, could you answer a few questions.

1. I read in the press that the refurb was going ahead, i see from the forum that this appears not to be the case. Have quotes been sourced and accepted?
2. Is there a date set for commencement of the works?
3. what are the estimate spreads? ie. high estimate / low estimate

I hope the refurb goes ahead as soon as possible as I really like the area and feel of the development, a new rain screen will make them look great as well.

Thanks for your help.