Adjusting to armed police in society

National/Global discussions etc

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

cockneylil
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Adjusting to armed police in society

Post by cockneylil » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Went to the Peacock shopping centre in Woking. Really unnerving seeing for the first time there burly policemen with sub machine guns patrolling around. It was really sobering to see them there and this will probably the norm for many months or more. You see armed police in airports but that doesn't feel so close to home this brings it right into your way of life. I found myself looking around very much more aware of anything or anyone suspicious. I just wanted to get out.
Jonblue

Re: Adjusting to armed police in society

Post by Jonblue » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 am

Yes, a sad sign of the times I am afraid with no end in sight to this madness. At times many of us are wrapped up in our own little cocoon feeling that these atrocities could not possibly happen in our own communities but no longer, as there appears to be so many of an evil irrational disposition determined to destroy a freedom and culture for which millions made the ultimate sacrifice. It's a real wake up call for all of us whatever our faith or none to be vigilant, work more closely with and show concern for each other. It will be interesting to see what new measures this 'new' government will introduce as the nation's security would appear as big a priority as Brexit. One thing is certain, life will never be quite the same again.